Customer is an IPTV broadband provider who would like to offer IPTV services over broadband wireless network any cars equipped with MatrixStream HD player. The provider would like to offer both live streaming TV channels as well as video on demand videos. The ability to offer unlimited video on demand and live TV channels will allow commuters to enjoy the long boring commutes. The deployment of the IPTV service will be over wireless broadband such as WiMAX IP network.
Below is a list of basic features:
- HD Video - Customer would like to offer streaming HD content to premium customers. The ability to watch HD content would ensure the IPTV equipment would stay up-to-date with other IPTV technology advances. In addition, it will allow people who install HD video displays in car to watch HD streaming videos right over wireless IP.
- Streaming Over the Internet - Customer would like to use the Internet as their video transport. Customer is not impressed with some of the existing video downloading services due to poor video quality and slow video loading. Customer would like to use existing wireless broadband to stream videos vs. building one from scratch. As wireless technologies like WiMAX and broadband Cellular develop, customer would like to take advantage of higher access speed to stream HD content directly to cars equipped with WiMAX receivers.
- Dynamic Wireless Tower Switching (DWTS) - MatrixStream auto vehicle IPTV solution is able to maintain video quality even when wireless connections switch from one wireless tower to another. MatrixStream’s MatrixCast video transport is able to handle all the issues that come with wireless tower switching that’s common in wireless data networks.
- View HD Videos Inside Car Video Display - Customer would like to give subscribers the option to watch videos on their car video display. This means the player must be able to play on existing mobile video displays.
- Expandable - Customer would like an IPTV system that’s fully scalable to support their current requirements and future growth.
- Remote software/firmware update - Customer would like a system that has minimal truck roll. They would like to remotely manage all the car IPTV viewing clients.
- VOD Support - In addition to be able to watch live TV streaming to the car, customer would like to allow subscribers the ability to watch any of the videos available in the video on demand section. This essentially allow viewers complete access to the entire video library.
- Viewing Ratio - Customer anticipates that at any given time, at least 10% of its subscribers will be watching videos simultaneously.
- Minimal Integration Cost - Customer does not have a large IT staff that can support a complicated IPTV deployment. Customer would like a system that will be easy to deploy, manage and support.